- Home /
- 3D Printing
- Benches, Tools & Accessories
- Books, DVDs & Templates
- Burs & Drills
- Casting, Melting & Waxes
- Acrylic Props, Busts & Boards - Black
- Acrylic Props, Busts & Boards - Clear
- Acrylic Props, Busts & Boards - Frosted
- Cases, Trays & Tray Inserts
- ID Tags
- Jewellery Rolls
- Leatherette Props, Busts & Boards - Black
- Leatherette Props, Busts & Boards - Cream
- Leatherette Props, Busts & Boards - White
- Leatherette Props, Busts & Boards - Wine
- Price Labels, Tags
- Dust Collection & Air Filtration Supplies
FINDINGS - PEEKAYS
- Albert Swivel Clasps
- Base Metal Findings
- Bayonet, Pendants & Other Fittings
- Bolt Rings
- Brooch Fittings
- Butterfly Earring Backs
- Chain Clasps - Parrot, Cartier, Lobster, Triggers
- Chain End Final/Caps
- Cufflink Fittings
- Ear Clips
- Earring Fittings
- Jump Rings, Split Rings, Link Locks
- Pearl Fittings, Clasps, Enhancers & Beads
- Ring Clips
- Ring Settings
- Shepherd Hooks
- Monthly Specials
- Flex Shafts & Micromotors
- Gift Voucher
- Lighting & Photography
- Mass Finishing
- Measuring: Gauges, Scales & Balances
- Metal: Sheet, Wire, Tube, Testing
- Plating, Colouring & Patinas
- Polishing & Abrasives
- Presentation Packaging
- Setting & Engraving
- Soldering & Welding
- Monthly Specials
- Bracelet, Bangle & Watch
- Case Seals
- Clock Inserts & Movements
- Clock Parts, Keys & Pocket Watch Keys
- General Watch Tools
- Watch Band Tools
- Watch Bands & Clasps - Assorted
- Watch Bands & Clasps - Rochet
- Watch Battery & Glass Fitting Tools
- Watch Crowns & Stems
- Watch Glasses
- Watch Movements
- Watch Parts
- Watch Screwdrivers
- Watch/Clock Cleaning & Testing
We offer the best Magnifiers, jewellery tools and supplies for Retail Jewellers, Jewellery Repairers and Hobbyists. These include a collection of eye loupes, hand loupes, head loupes and microscopes for all your jewellery-making requirements. Order Now!
Jeweller’s magnifying glass in Australia
At AJS, we have carefully selected over 11,000 jewellery tools and equipment to meet your specific needs — including premium quality magnifying glasses for jewellers.
Visit one of our showrooms to learn more about our magnifiers and other products, or you can shop online and get free shipping for all orders over $200 today!
What are the different types of jeweller’s magnifiers?
There are four main types of jeweller’s magnifying glass: handheld, eyeglass, headband and stand magnifiers.
Handheld magnifiers are the most common type and come in various shapes and sizes to fit in your hand perfectly. Headband magnifiers are worn around your head like a headband and have a small lens that is placed in front of your eyes. This magnifier is great for hands-free use and perfect for tasks requiring both hands.
Eyeglass magnifiers are commonly used and preferred by watchmakers.
Meanwhile, stand magnifiers are placed on a flat surface and have a large lens that provides optimal magnification of the pieces you are working with.
How do I choose a jeweller’s loupe?
You'll want to consider a few factors when choosing a jeweller’s loupe: magnification power, the field of view and optical quality.
The higher the magnification power, the more detail you'll be able to see. However, higher magnification also means that the loupes will be smaller and trickier to use. The field of view determines how much of the object you can see at once. And the loupe's optical quality ensures you get a clear view of the object.
What is the best magnification for a jeweller’s loupe?
The most common magnification for jewellers’ loupes would be 10x magnification. Other loupes have a higher magnification power, but 10x magnification is often the preferred power by jewellers and gemologists.