- Home /
- 3D Printing
- Benches, Tools & Accessories
- Books, DVDs & Templates
- Burs & Drills
- Casting, Melting & Waxes
- Acrylic Props, Busts & Boards - Black
- Acrylic Props, Busts & Boards - Clear
- Acrylic Props, Busts & Boards - Frosted
- Cases, Trays & Tray Inserts
- ID Tags
- Jewellery Rolls
- Leatherette Props, Busts & Boards - Black
- Leatherette Props, Busts & Boards - Cream
- Leatherette Props, Busts & Boards - White
- Leatherette Props, Busts & Boards - Wine
- Price Labels, Tags
- Dust Collection & Air Filtration Supplies
FINDINGS - PEEKAYS
- Albert Swivel Clasps
- Base Metal Findings
- Bayonet, Pendants & Other Fittings
- Bolt Rings
- Brooch Fittings
- Butterfly Earring Backs
- Chain Clasps - Parrot, Cartier, Lobster, Triggers
- Chain End Final/Caps
- Cufflink Fittings
- Ear Clips
- Earring Fittings
- Jump Rings, Split Rings, Link Locks
- Pearl Fittings, Clasps, Enhancers & Beads
- Ring Clips
- Ring Settings
- Shepherd Hooks
- Monthly Specials
- Flex Shafts & Micromotors
- Gift Voucher
- Lighting & Photography
- Mass Finishing
- Measuring: Gauges, Scales & Balances
- Metal: Sheet, Wire, Tube, Testing
- Plating, Colouring & Patinas
- Polishing & Abrasives
- Presentation Packaging
- Setting & Engraving
- Soldering & Welding
- Monthly Specials
- Bracelet, Bangle & Watch
- Case Seals
- Clock Inserts & Movements
- Clock Parts, Keys & Pocket Watch Keys
- General Watch Tools
- Watch Band Tools
- Watch Bands & Clasps - Assorted
- Watch Bands & Clasps - Rochet
- Watch Battery & Glass Fitting Tools
- Watch Crowns & Stems
- Watch Glasses
- Watch Movements
- Watch Parts
- Watch Screwdrivers
- Watch/Clock Cleaning & Testing
Working with stones and gems requires high-quality equipment. At Australian Jewellers Supplies, we support local jewellers with fantastic products, competitive prices, and fast shipping across the country. Whether you're a professional, a hobbyist, or a student, our extensive collection of lapidary supplies is sure to satisfy you. We know the industry inside out, and our lapidary equipment is carefully selected to satisfy the cutting-edge market.
At AJS, we make it easy to get the products you love. All items are categorised based on function, including diamond burs, cabbing machines, cabbing accessories, faceting products, saw blades, slab and trim saws, and stone tumbling machines. Our website is easy to browse, and we have 11,000 products ready to satisfy jewellery makers across the globe.
Please make an order or contact our team online today for the largest range of lapidary supplies in Australia.
What is the art of lapidary?
Lapidary is an artistic and commercial practice that shapes stones, gems, and minerals into jewellery and other decorative items. Depending on the application, this may involve making cabochons, engraving gems, and producing faceted designs. There are several techniques used by lapidarists to create different results, including cutting, grinding, tumbling, faceting, cabbing, carving and polishing.
What do you need to get started in lapidary?
The learning curve associated with lapidary can be steep, but it's not necessarily difficult to get started. Beginners need access to basic equipment, with your gear choice based on what you want to achieve and create. Good lapidary equipment for beginners includes hand tools, rock tumblers, and cabbing machines. If you want to start a professional career, you may want to do training and obtain certification.
How do I choose the right lapidary supplies for me?
Choosing the right lapidary supplies can be difficult — so expert help is worth its weight in gold. From the outset, choosing equipment based on your experience, skill set, and goals is important. It's usually a good idea to start small and build your studio slowly over time as your creative goals and vision become much clearer. At AJS, we can help you make all the right decisions when it comes to choosing your lapidary equipment and supplies.