- Home /
- Balanced, but not Symmetrical!
- 3D Technology
- Bead & Pearl
- Benches, Tools & Accessories
- Burs & Drills
- Books, DVDs & Templates
- Casting & Melting
- Acrylic Props, Busts & Boards - Black
- Acrylic Props, Busts & Boards - Clear
- Acrylic Props, Busts & Boards - Frosted
- Cases, Trays & Tray Inserts
- Jewellery Rolls
- Leatherette Props, Busts & Boards - Black
- Leatherette Props, Busts & Boards - Cream
- Leatherette Props, Busts & Boards - White
- Leatherette Props, Busts & Boards - Wine
- Price Labels & Tags
- Dust Collection & Air Filtration
- Chain & Necklet Fittings - Gold 18ct/750
- Chain & Necklet Fittings - Gold 9ct/375
- Chain & Necklet Fittings - Silver SS/925
- Ear Fittings - Gold 18ct/750
- Ear Fittings - Gold 9ct/375
- Ear Fittings - Silver SS/925
- Other Fittings - Gold 18ct/750
- Other Fittings - Gold 9ct/375
- Other Fittings - Silver SS/925
- Pearl Clasps & Beads - Gold 9ct/375
- Pearl Clasps & Beads - Silver SS/925
- Ring Fittings & Settings - Gold 18ct/750
- Ring Fittings & Settings - Gold 9ct/375
- Ring Fittings & Settings - Silver SS/925
- Rolled Gold & Base Metal Fittings
- Flex Shafts & Micromotors
- Free Catalogue
- Gift Voucher
- Mass Finishing
- Measuring: Gauges & Scales
- Metal: Sheet, Wire, Tube, Testing
- Plating, Colouring & Patinas
- Polishing & Abrasives
- Presentation Packaging
- Setting & Engraving
- Soldering & Welding
- Case Seals
- Clock Inserts & Movements
- Clock Parts, Keys & Pocket Watch Keys
- General Watch Tools
- Watch Band Tools
- Watch Bands & Clasps - Assorted
- Watch Battery & Glass Fitting Tools
- Watch Crowns & Stems
- Watch Glasses
- Watch Movements
- Watch Parts
- Watch Screwdrivers
- Watch/Clock Cleaning & Testing
Balanced, but not Symmetrical!
Kirra-lea Caynes is a manufacturing jeweller who works from her home studio in an inner suburb of Melbourne.
Kirra-lea gets a lot of her inspiration from nature and likes to produce her pieces in an Art Nouveau style. Her art has balance, but not necessarily symmetry. This is clearly evident in the piece which won her the coveted title of JAA 2019 Jeweller of the Year.
Also in 2019 Kirra-lea started teaching sand casting workshops with 'cast in place' rough Australian sapphires. She originally designed the classes for the general public but had a hard time getting the numbers.
Kirra-lea then tried advertising on a couple of industry social media pages and to her delight she had a massive positive response with lots of interest.
All last year she travelled up and down the east coast of Australia, over to Adelaide, and as far south as Hobart, teaching her sand casting workshop to fellow trade jewellers and jewellery students.
Her teaching took her to many studios throughout Australia, including Kin Gallery in Canberra, Jam Factory in Adelaide, Hammer and Hand in Byron Bay and CQ University in Rockhampton.
Kirra-lea recently conducted a demonstration for AJS on sand casting and the feedback we received from attendees about her was amazing. For example, “... informative, friendly, clear, articulate and her passion for sand casting was clearly obvious.”
Kirra-lea is undeniably a very talented jeweller and teacher - balanced, but not necessarily symmetrical!
Winning Piece: JAA 2019 Jeweller of the Year
This magnificent piece is a ring for the middle finger.